Values are only Valuable if they drive action.
1. creativity IS CENTRAL TO a QUALITY education. John Dewey compared children’s natural curiosity, fertile imagination, and love for experimental inquiry to that of a sharp scientific mind. CREA aims to preserve and cultivate that innate creativity. We educate our students into – not out of – their creativity.
2. creativity is the key to success in every discipline. Creativity involves using imaginative skills to bring something into existence. Creativity has diverse expressions, ranging from the arts, to business, to scientific innovation. creativity is essential for success no matter what field a young person wants to Pursue. We prepare our students for success across in their area of interest.
3. every young person is unique. At CREA, we know that what makes your child different, will make them a success. Albert Einstein said, “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by Its ability to climb a tree, it will live Its whole life believing that It is stupid.” The Creativity Workshop operates from an appreciative lens, supporting students in identifying their strengths and interests & pursuing projects that build on them.
4. student identity matters. identity development is the bedrock of our approach. We know that the most successful people have a strong sense of self, a driving purpose, & reflect often on Their process & product. At CREA, students come to understand who they are, what they love, and what they have to offer their communities & the world.
5. the process is where the magic happens. We emphasize the process over the product. We know that the creative process is transferable across disciplines, and we want our students to master the process so they can employ it throughout their lifetime. The final product matters, but the mastery of the creative process drives our approach.